- Wordcamp ATL this weekend
- AIGA B'ham – Adobe XD Workshop – 4/7/17 1:00pm-4:00pm @ Books-A-Million 121 West Park Drive 35211 - $10 for AIGA members and $25 for non-members.
- Make the Cut Competition - Create Your Own Edit of Imagine Dragons' next music video- AltPress Article
- Fast Company article on Adobe's automation of web design
- Project Dali – 3D Paint
- Axios article on Adobe in the era of AR & VR
- Adobe Lightroom Mobile App Gets New Raw HDR Capture Mode
- Forbes Article: For VR Storytelling Pioneers, One Adobe Partner Has The Mettle Of An Outfitter
It's coming up fast! March 18-19!
- CSS locks
- Flexible Typography with CSS Locks - This concept, and one implementation, were proposed by Tim Brown in Flexible typography with CSS locks.
- A CSS lock is a Responsive Web Design technique that lets you transition smoothly between two values, depending on the current viewport size, rather than jump straight from one value to the other.
- Animation SVG/CSS/JS
- New Lynda.com Tutorial on Animating SVG with CSS
- Animating SVG with CSS fron CSS Tricks
- Creating Complex Interactive Animations with SVG, and CSS, and performant JS
- SVG SMIL vs CSS Animation Test
- Testing CSS 3, SVG 1.2 and HTML 5 particle animation frame rates. Web animation performance
- Weighing SVG Animation Techniques (with Benchmarks)
- CSS/SVG charts and animation
- Adobe Stock Photos - New Clothing Line ;-)
- Photoshop Mix – mobile photo compositing/editing
- Adobe Lightroom for iOS 10
- Shutterstock and FontShop
- Accessibility for Online Materials: Guest Speaker Dr. Scott Renner, Office of Accessibility - September 19-20, 2016
Whether you teach in a classroom and augment your teaching with materials in Canvas or through other online resources or whether you teach completely online, you need to consider ensuring that your material design follows guidelines to ensure that the largest number of people can access your materials without major problems. Universal Design is part of the university’s strategic plan, and designing accessibility in mind is the law. Join us for some tips and tricks on how to make your course materials ADA compliant (ADA=Americans with Disabilities Act) and how to evaluate online resources for ADA compliance, delivered by Accessibility Expert Dr. Scott Renner from the Office of Accessibility.
Monday, September 19, 3-4pm
Tuesday, September 20, 11-noon
- 2016 Alabama Assistive Technology Expo & Conference (ALATEC) - October 11-12, 2016
ALATEC will provide an opportunity to see first-hand the latest in assistive technologies, practices and services for persons with disabilities that will increase the ability of such persons to access education, employment, housing, transportation, health care and leisure/recreation in the community of choice. ALATEC will provide professional development and training to increase the knowledge and skills in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: Adult Services, Education/Learning, Visual and Hearing Impairment, Communication, and Physical Accessibility/Mobility.
- Tech Talks - October 19, 2016
Higher education has been the epicenter of technological innovation for centuries; as these technologies have been adopted on campuses, education has evolved in profound ways. Join us for Tech Talks, as we drive the discussion of information and instructional technologies in higher education forward through talks, demonstrations, and poster sessions.
Call for Proposals - Deadline - 9/15/16
- Adobe MAX - November 2-4, 2016 - San Diego, CA
The world’s premier creativity conference, MAX is an awe-inspiring mashup of over 9,000 of the world’s top creatives and best-in-the-business experts who come together to learn, share, create, connect and play.
AMMUG August 2016 Meeting
Thursday, August 18, 2016
- Web Fonts & Icons
- Getty Images WP Plugin - costs?
- SEO Friendly Images - Automatically adds alt and title tags to images.
- WP Accessibility
- HTML 5 Video in Dreamweaver - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Web Design Essentials: Creating Forms in Dreamweaver CC - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Content First Web Design - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Part 1: How to Conduct a Basic Accessibility Audit on Your Site
Visual Accessibility and Manual Code Inspection
- Part 2: How to Conduct a Basic Accessibility Audit on Your Site
Testing with a keyboard and Automated code checks
- Making Your Website Design Accessible - Expert Advice
Web accessibility should be treated as crucially important
Sloss Tech is teaming up with Sloss Fest to offer an inspiring weekend that provides a venue for thought-provoking presentations and workshops covering the latest in creative thinking and emerging technologies. Sloss Tech's mission is to become a hub for our technological community to network, share ideas and push their boundaries of innovation.
Sloss Tech is inspired and managed by TechBirmingham, a 501 (c) (6) nonprofit organization. Sloss Tech helps us continue our mission of strengthening and promoting the technology ecosystem in the Birmingham region.
Birmingham, AL – The Lyric Theatre – Friday, July 15
AMMUG May 2016 Meeting
- Nik Collection by Google -Free
- GrutBrushes Photoshop Brushes Sampler - Free
- Fontea – Photoshop plugin for Google Fonts - Free
- Use the Extract panel with Artboards to go from Photoshop to Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fuse CC (Preview) – Make custom 3D characters for your Photoshop projects – Available for download as a free preview in CC for a limited time
- Sync fonts to desktop
The University of North Carolina has launched a new educational app marketplace designed to streamline faculty access to the tools they need for tech-assisted teaching.
- University of North Carolina campuses. - EdTech
- UNC System Launches New Learning Technology Commons
- UNC Learning Technology Commons