This is the Internet home of the Auburn Multimedia Users Group. The foundational meeting was on December 7, 2005 at Auburn University. You may view much of the content on this site anonymously, but you will need to register and login (using the Secure Login link at the top of this page) before leaving comments, posting to the forums, or writing a blog entry.
If you have suggestions or comments about this site, please post them in the Website Forum or click on the forums menu item in the left side menu for a list of all forums.
Meetings are usually held on the third Thursday of each month at 10:00 AM, location may vary due to availability. Please check this page for updated information on upcoming meetings and other information and sign up to receive email announcements. Thanks.
Please join us for our next meeting, to be held on Thursday, September 15, 2016, at 10:00 AM, in the Duncan Hall conference room (Room 112). See you there!
AMMUG August 2016 Meeting
Thursday, August 18, 2016
- Web Fonts & Icons
- Getty Images WP Plugin - costs?
- SEO Friendly Images - Automatically adds alt and title tags to images.
- WP Accessibility
- HTML 5 Video in Dreamweaver - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Web Design Essentials: Creating Forms in Dreamweaver CC - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Content First Web Design - Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog
- Part 1: How to Conduct a Basic Accessibility Audit on Your Site
Visual Accessibility and Manual Code Inspection
- Part 2: How to Conduct a Basic Accessibility Audit on Your Site
Testing with a keyboard and Automated code checks
- Making Your Website Design Accessible - Expert Advice
Web accessibility should be treated as crucially important
Sloss Tech is teaming up with Sloss Fest to offer an inspiring weekend that provides a venue for thought-provoking presentations and workshops covering the latest in creative thinking and emerging technologies. Sloss Tech's mission is to become a hub for our technological community to network, share ideas and push their boundaries of innovation.
Sloss Tech is inspired and managed by TechBirmingham, a 501 (c) (6) nonprofit organization. Sloss Tech helps us continue our mission of strengthening and promoting the technology ecosystem in the Birmingham region.
Birmingham, AL – The Lyric Theatre – Friday, July 15
AMMUG May 2016 Meeting
- Nik Collection by Google -Free
- GrutBrushes Photoshop Brushes Sampler - Free
- Fontea – Photoshop plugin for Google Fonts - Free
- Use the Extract panel with Artboards to go from Photoshop to Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fuse CC (Preview) – Make custom 3D characters for your Photoshop projects – Available for download as a free preview in CC for a limited time
- Sync fonts to desktop
The University of North Carolina has launched a new educational app marketplace designed to streamline faculty access to the tools they need for tech-assisted teaching.
- University of North Carolina campuses. - EdTech
- UNC System Launches New Learning Technology Commons
- UNC Learning Technology Commons
"The Google Analytics 360 Suite delivers the customer and advertising insights you need to set your marketing strategy, drive sales, and ultimately outperform the competition." - Google
- Google Analytics 360 Suite!
- Google Analytics 360 Suite: From Measurement to Optimization
- Google responds to Facebook threat, releases Analytics 360 Suite for easier customer tracking
- Google unveils Google Analytics 360 Suite with a new DMP, landing page testing tool and more
- Google announces Analytics 360 Suite for enterprise marketers
Adobe just launched “Experience Design XD” (formerly codenamed Project Comet) for cross device design and prototyping.
- Adobe Experience Design CC (Preview)
- The Future of Experience Design (XD) Live
- Introducing Adobe Experience Design CC
- Adobe's Project Comet has been renamed ‘Experience Design’ — and it’s launching today
- Adobe's Project Comet tackles cross-device design head-on
Many of you may have received the email today from Bliss Bailey, AU-CIO, announcing the AU-OIT Annual Meeting. As you know, we, AMMUG, usually meet on the third Thursday of each month at 10:00 AM. However, our December meeting will be held in conjunction with the Auburn University Office of Information Technology's Annual Meeting. So, please join us for our next meeting, to be held on Tuesday, December 15, 2015, at the AU-OIT Building in the large meeting room. Bliss Bailey will be discussing upcoming initiatives as well as recapping the past year. ;-) Refreshments will be served! See you there!